Eyebrow tinting is a procedure to dye your eyebrows to the to the color of your choice. The longer the dye is left on the eyebrows, the darker the eyebrows become. There are three key benefits to eyebrow tinting. The first benefit is for individuals with paler brows. They can have their eyebrows darkened to stand out due to the more defined shape. The darker color will draw more attention to the eyes. This boosts the color of darker eyes and provides contrast for the lighter shades.
The second benefit is for anyone wanting thicker eyebrows. Eyebrow tinting offers a more natural look while emphasizing every hair. This makes the eyebrows appear much thicker. The third benefit is to choose the color for your eyebrows. This can be lighter or darker. In most cases your new eyebrows will last for between three and eight weeks. This is dependent on numerous factors including:
• The kind of dye
• The rate your hair sheds and grows
• Exposure to the sun
• The force used when you wash your face
• The type of sunscreen used
• The type of face cleaner or cosmetics remover used
The Procedure for Eyebrow Tinting
You will be given recommendations from the technician regarding the best kind of dye and shade for you coloring. If you choose a color a couple shades darker than the color of your hair, you will add more depth to your eyes and face. A patch test will be done on an area that is difficult to see to ensure you do not have any negative reaction to the dye. This step is to ensure your safety.
The following steps are similar with most technicians and include:
• Using a pH-stabilizing rinse to thoroughly clean the area
• Figuring out the ideal shape
• Preventing your skin from staining with the application of a barrier cream
• Applying a thick application of the tint across the entire eyebrow
• Leaving the dye on for the correct time depending on the coarseness of the hair. The dye must also be removed faster for blond hair than darker and thicker hair.
When the dye needs to be removed, the technician will use a damp, cool cloth to gently remove the barrier cream and any excess dye. If you are interested in eyebrow tinting, feel free to reach out to the team at Springs Aesthetics to learn more. We are conveniently located in Colorado Springs. Contact us today to schedule your consultation!