Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure by Dr. Burroughs to improve the appearance of the eyelids.
Surgery can be performed on the upper lids, lower lids or both at the same time.
If you want to improve your appearance or are experiencing functional issues with your eyelids, eyelid surgery can rejuvenate the area surrounding your eyes.
Specifically, eyelid surgery can treat:
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision and often insurance may pay for this surgery
- Fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the eyelids or below the lower eyelid
- “Bags” under the eyes making one appear tired
- Drooping lower eyelids that reveal white below the iris
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the upper and lower eyelids